Thousands on benefits will have to wait MONTHS longer for £650 cost of living payment – are you affected?


If they are to claim some benefits, thousands of difficult families will have to wait longer for MONTHS to receive a living payment of £650.

From July 14, about 8 million people will receive the first half of the cash, the government disclosed,


Some people won’t get their first cost of living in Julycredit: getty

This money is part of an aid package from the government to help those in distress. cost of life crisis,

Depending on your circumstances, up to £1,500 will be distributed throughout the year.

At least £400 will be given to help cover every household in the UK spiral energy bill As this winter they are ready to grow hundreds of pounds,

pensioners will get Additional £300 lump sum payment Another six million people with disabilities will during the coldest months Receive £150 in September.

When will the £650 living payment be made?  All major dates revealed
Millions of people have now urged to claim Universal Credit or have missed a living payment of £650

Some beneficiaries will be eligible for a payment of £650. which consists of:

  • universal credit
  • Income-Based Job Seekers’ Allowance (JSA)
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • income support
  • pension credit
  • working tax credit
  • child tax credit

The cash payment is being made in two parts and the first payment is of £326 which will start on 14 July and Hitting bank accounts before the end of the month.

But people with tax credits won’t get the first payment until months later.

The much-needed help will arrive in the autumn and the remaining cash in the winter – the exact date has not yet been announced.

People who qualify for cost of living payments can receive tax credits, among other benefits.

So those people pay £650 tax credits To avoid any double payment will be carried out only at a later date.

It is not clear how many people have been affected by the delay in payment.

The latest figures show that an estimated 1.5 million people are claiming the tax credit.

But many of them will be in receipt of other benefits, meaning they will be paid out first – £326 from 14 July and then £324 in the autumn.

Anyone facing a long wait can still get other assistance, such as free cash or vouchers from their local council or energy supplier.

Additional Cost of Living Support You Can Get Now

council tax bill

Certain low-income households may be eligible for an exemption on their Council tax bill.

In some cases you can reduce your bill to zero, with the average bill for a Band D household being £1,898, which can save a significant amount.

Find out what you can get in our guide.

Energy Bill Grants & Vouchers

Many suppliers offer energy bill assistance through hardship funds and grants of up to £750 – you don’t need to pay cash.

British Gas just added to its Energy Trust an additional £2million Fund to help struggling customers.

You will need to contact your supplier directly to see what they offer and there may be a difference between what you qualify for and how much you get.

If you are on a prepayment meter you may be able to get One-time fuel voucher from your energy supplier,

council fund

domestic assistance fundWhich helps families with rising cost of living has been extended.

This assistance may include a cash grant to pay the bills or cover the cost of food – assistance will depend on where you live.

For example, Blackpool residents can get as much as £300, depending on their circumstances.

To find out what support is available in your area, contact local council.

councils also have welfare assistance scheme Those that help low-income families with necessities such as food and other bills, and eligibility can be broader than that of a Domestic Assistance Fund.

£150 council tax exemption

£150 will be paid to four out of five households to help cover the cost of rising energy bills.

The cash is being given out by council as a one-time payment instead of a discount on your normal council tax bill.

You will get this if you are in Council Tax Band AD, although a discretionary fund is also available for families that are not eligible and will pay £150.

You don’t need to make this cash back payment, but you may need to apply to get it if your local authority doesn’t have a direct debit or bank statement on record for you.

Here’s everything you need to knowabout the plan

Rent and Accommodation Assistance

Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) There is a little-known pot of money given by councils to meet the rent shortfall and help with deposits.

Financial aid available to recipients benefits For accommodation in England and Wales.

Each local authority gives DHP cash to those in need on a case-by-case basis, and the amount available may vary.

So you’ll have to talk to your council to see where you are.

Love Island fans call Tasha 'sneaky and sly' 'Villa's biggest sports player'
I've given birth to 'Ed Sheeran' baby... I've named him after the singer's wife

You won’t need to repay cash and can get a lump sum, or ongoing payment.

Here are more ways to get help – From water bill discounts to cheap broadband tariffs if you are on the go.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team?


Source link

Leave a Comment